Friday, January 23, 2009

Finally!


After nearly a month of spinning for two hours almost every night, I'm finally finished.... sort of. My three ounces of Starlight Starbright batting have now become 150 yards of single-ply laceweight yarn. Next I'm going to have to ply it, but that leaves me with only 75 yards, and I'm still very undecided about what to knit it into. 

I wanted to take a spinning class over at Main Street this week because as much fun as I've had making this yarn, I'd really like it to go a little faster. But in the end, I decided not to go. I knew if I fell in love with a wheel spinning, I'd just want to buy a wheel!

For the time being, I'd be better off focusing on my homework. Right now I'm working on a recreation of the Flammarion Woodcut. My outlines are all done in acrylic, and I'm going to do the tinting in watercolor. It's kind of an experiment, so hopefully it'll turn out well.

More pictures of my yarn and the b&w woodcut are over at flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment