Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yes We Can!


At midnight last night I realized: I did not have a single piece of Obama clothing to wear for inauguration day! What's a patriotic girl to do? Why, follow Corrinne & Rob's advice over on the Threadbanger forums, of course! 

After a quick printout of the Obama logo and some colored pencil action, my shrinkies were ready to go in the toaster oven. When they were all cooled off, I coated both sides with acrylic gel medium for a glassy shine, and super glued a pin to the back. Success!

More pictures can be seen on my flickr site, and be sure to check out the Threadbangers for more crafty how-to's!

------------------------------

Oh! I forgot to mention that I also made the blazer I'm wearing in the above photo. Keep your eyes peeled for sales on suiting fabrics, and you can have some nice business attire.

No comments:

Post a Comment