Saturday, January 31, 2009

Main Street Yarns

I got out of work early today and headed over to Main Street Yarns in Watkinsville. I picked up a ball of light green Dolce Amore fingering weight cotton, three balls of Cascade Fixation for the Zaftig Bra (though I may keep going and turn it into a tank for lounging around in), and an amazing skein of lace-weight silk from Claudia Hand Painted Yarns in a variegated blue, green, & purple colorway called Ocean Depth. I also picked up a pair of size 5 circs and size 2 straights while I was there. 

I was so glad to go and visit. It's a little intimidating, seeing all the beautiful yarns and the samples knit up. Little baby sweaters, felted slippers, long lacy shawls, and a bunch of people who are just as excited about it as I am. It's like my grown-up version of a candy store. 

I'm also sending word out to see who'd be interested in an on-campus knitting club. If there's enough interest, maybe we can get the ball rolling.


No comments:

Post a Comment